1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
1 half of cups of milk
1/2 cup of sugar
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
three tablespoons of cornstarch
three egg yolks, whipped
1 tablespoon of butter
1 cup of arequipe or dulce de leche
Thousands of arequip
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Prepare 2 baking tray with parchment paper and reserve.
3. Cut pastry dough into three strips along pleat marks. Place on a baking tray and make multiple holes in each dough with a fork. Bake for 15 mins or till golden brown. Letting it cool on a grill.
4. In a medium pot vicinity the milk and simmer. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
Five. Slowly add the cornmeal aggregate to the milk and cook, stirring often for approximately 6 minutes or until thickened. Beat the yolks and cook for 2 mins extra, stirring frequently.
6. Add the vanilla extract and butter, and get rid of from the fire.
7. Leave to cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate till geared up to apply.