Castella Chocolate Cake is a delightful fusion of conventional Castella cake, a Japanese sponge cake with Portuguese roots, and the irresistible charm of chocolate. This harmonious marriage of flavors and cultures effects in a completely unique dessert that has received worldwide acclaim for its awesome taste and velvety texture.
8 eggs (separate them into whites and yolks)
60g low-gluten flour (ideally)
60g of corn flour (corn starch)
40g unsweetened cocoa powder
70g of corn oil
140g of darkish chocolate chips
100g of clean milk
4g lemon juice
1 pinch of salt
110g of sugar
castella chocolate cake
1. PART I: In a bowl blend the low-gluten flour, cornmeal, cocoa powder and cornstarch. To avoid lumps, I advocate sifting these components collectively.
2. Heat the corn oil within the microwave for 1 and a half mins, accomplishing about ninety°C (You could use other lighter oils along with canola oil if you desire). Pour the oil into the mixture of dry substances from the previous step and blend them properly with the help of a whisk.
Three. Add 20g dark chocolate chips and blend gently until the chocolate is absolutely melted (this could take 2-three mins). If the chips are too massive, you could need to pre-chop them.
4. Immediately upload 40g of the fresh milk and mix well. Add the yolks of the 8 eggs and mix properly.
5. Now we’re going to complete including the relaxation of the milk step by step (till we entire the 100g in overall), taking into account that it’s miles absorbed by means of the dough.
6. PART II: You will need to mount the egg whites, to do this, in a tall bowl, place the egg whites and upload 4g of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Beat them and upload the sugar grade by grade, in 3 parts. Continue beating till you attain snow point.
7. Now add the crushed egg whites to the combination obtained in PART I. For this you should divide the egg whites and upload them in 3 times at the same time as integrating them into the dough with a spatula and mild enveloping moves. When the mixture is homogeneous, upload 100g of chocolate chips and blend nicely.
Eight. To bake we will use an eight-inch square pan. We must cover it with baking paper, retaining the corners with a few hooks. Pour the combination into the mold and upload more chocolate chips on the floor, about 20g.
Nine. Baking could be in a bain-marie, for that you have to add water at 70°C in a tray below the mold. Bake at a hundred and fifty five °C for approximately 65 minutes. Don’t neglect to preheat the oven. 10. Finally, allow the cake cool, take away the paper and enjoy.