Cider & Thyme Beef Cheeks recipe?
Beef cheeks, once an underappreciated reduce, have risen to culinary stardom for their great tenderness and wealthy flavor. They come from the facial muscle tissues of the cow and are often referred to as “the oxtail of the face.” These muscle tissue paintings tirelessly, ensuing in a reduce that is packed with connective tissue. When organized correctly, red meat cheeks become soften-in-your-mouth tender, making them a delightful addition to any dish.
• 2kg trmmed red meat cheeks
• 15 child onions, peeled and halved
• three celery stalks, peeled and chopped
• 400g baby carrots, ends trimmed
• 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
• 375ml of ya preferred dry apple cider (I used “Hills Apple Cider”)
• 2 tablespoons cocominos
• 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
• 1 teaspoon red Himalayan sea salt
. 1 teaspoon floor black pepper
• 1 cup red meat stock
• 14 cup tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 2 cups green beans
• To serve: Mash potato
Cider & Thyme Beef Cheeks recipe
1 . Combine onions, celery, carrots, thyme, cider, inventory, tomato paste, mustard, coconut sugar, salt, pepper and cocominos in a large gradual-cooker.
2Add the beef cheeks and stir to coat in the combination on all sides.
Three. Cook, covered, on low for 9-10 hours.
4 Take out the thyme and add the beans to the gradual-cooker, then maintain cooking on low for
5.Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve hot over a few mashed potato!