Healthy Steak Salad: This delicious steak salad recipe will leave you completely satisfied! Tender and juicy filet, in an addictive marinade, on a fresh and crunchy salad. All topped with creamy, tangy blue cheese—it’s the perfect salad.
For marinade and seasoning:
3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons of honey
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
A quarter teaspoon of ground white pepper, which can be ground until black, or as desired
2 pounds of sirloin or ribeye
6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
2 vine tomatoes cut into cubes
1/2 medium-sized red onion, cut into slices
8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Healthy Steak Salad
1. Whisk all marinade/sauce ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place the steak on a flat plate and pour a third of the prepared marinade/sauce over it.
3. Gently massage the steak to distribute the marinade evenly throughout. Leave it for 15 minutes, until it reaches room temperature.
4.Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables for the salad.
5. Grease a grill or heavy-bottomed frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat.
6. Cook the steak on both sides for 5 minutes until medium rare. (Cooking time depends on thickness of steak.) Or cook to your level of doneness.
7. Remove the steaks from the grill/pan, let them rest for a few minutes, then cut them into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
8. Combine tomatoes, onions, and lettuce in a large salad bowl. Add the fillet slices and pour the rest of the sauce over them.
9. Garnish with crumbled cheese, stir well and serve. Enjoy!