Cake recipe with chocolate chips, Swiss sponge, chocolate ganache filling, chocolate buttercream, fir needles and red raspberries.
Indulging in a luxurious and flavorful dessert is a delight that satisfies the senses. This cake recipe combines the richness of chocolate chips, the lightness of Swiss sponge, the velvety texture of chocolate ganache filling, and the smoothness of chocolate buttercream. To add a unique twist, we’ll infuse the cake layers with the essence of fir needles and top it off with the vibrant freshness of red raspberries. Prepare yourself for a symphony of flavors and textures that will elevate your dessert experience.
Cake recipe with chocolate chips
For the Swiss Sponge:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- 1 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the Chocolate Buttercream:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Fresh fir needles (ensure they are safe for consumption)
- Fresh red raspberries for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line three 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
- Swiss Sponge: a. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. b. Sift in the flour and gently fold it into the egg mixture. c. Add vanilla extract and salt, folding until just combined. d. Gently fold in chocolate chips. e. Divide the batter equally among the prepared pans and smooth the tops. f. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. g. Allow the cakes to cool completely.
- Chocolate Ganache Filling: a. Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until it just begins to simmer. b. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for a minute. c. Stir until smooth and glossy. d. Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature.
- Chocolate Buttercream: a. In a large bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy. b. Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder gradually, mixing well. c. Add vanilla extract and enough milk or cream to achieve a smooth, spreadable consistency.
- Fir Needle Infusion: a. Wash and thoroughly dry the fir needles. b. Crush the fir needles slightly to release their aroma. c. Place the crushed needles in a bowl and cover them with hot water. Allow it to steep for 15-20 minutes. d. Strain the liquid and let it cool.
- Assembling the Cake: a. Level the cooled cake layers. b. Place one layer on a serving plate and brush it with the cooled fir needle infusion. c. Spread a layer of chocolate ganache over the first cake layer. d. Add the second cake layer, repeat the fir needle infusion, and spread a layer of chocolate buttercream. e. Repeat with the third layer. f. Frost the entire cake with the remaining chocolate buttercream. g. Garnish the top with fresh red raspberries and additional chocolate chips.
This Chocolate Chip Swiss Sponge Cake with Chocolate Ganache Filling, Chocolate Buttercream, fir needle infusion, and red raspberry garnish is a true masterpiece. Each layer brings a unique element to the table, creating a symphony of flavors and textures that will leave your taste buds craving more. Indulge in this decadent creation for a dessert experience like no other.